This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link on my website I may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep my site running. Thank you for your support!
Pregnancy is magical and such a gift, but there are certain realities that come with growing a human inside you. Whether this is your first pregnancy or sixth, I have rounded up some of pregnancy favorites, items that have gotten me through the first two trimesters comfortably! Most are non maternity (read: will last beyond pregnancy!) and won’t break the bank. You can check out the whole list here, or keep scrolling to hear why I chose each item! So if you are newly pregnant, don’t go running to your local maternity store and buy all the (ugly) things… you can still look cute and be comfortable during pregnancy!
Shop My Pregnancy Favorites Here:
- Gray Sleeveless Dress
- Non maternity and super comfortable! Embrace your bump when it arrives in this inexpensive number.
- Basic Tank
- These tank tops are vital! They are a great layering piece when your belly makes it appearance, and for super inexpensive.
- Workout Leggings
- I have raved about these leggings for YEARS, pregnant or not! They are high waisted enough to be comfortable above the belly, with a ton of stretch. I wasn’t able to wear most pants really soon on, so these were lifesavers!
- Workout Tank
- I have had this in my closet for a long time now (well, not just this. These. I own may colors…). It has the perfect amount of stretch and the fabric is actual magic!
- High Waisted Leggings
- These are technically postpartum leggings, but I have loved them for the beginning of pregnancy where anything against my belly hurt. They are very high waisted so lots of room to grow, and a nice and thick material to hold it all in!
- Zip Up Sports Bra
- Certain things grow at an alarming rate when you first become pregnant. I tried a ton of sports bras to try and comfortably contain the ladies with very little success. This bra is pricy, but worth every.single.penny. It comes in a lot of size combos, which works extremely well if you are a unique size. And the zip from is great for easy entry!
- Loose Muscle Tank
- For those days you want nothing touching your belly, this is it! OR you can tie it up in the front and show off your blossoming belly. The material is beyond soft!
- V Neck Bralette
- Let’s just say that things with your body change, and they change fast. An inexpensive bralette like this will help to hold you in your new form without breaking the bank!
- Pregnancy Pillow
- This is something I needed near the end my other pregnancies, and was surprised to need it so soon this time. I was maybe around 10 weeks and my hips were already hurting so bad! My OB suggested using a pregnancy pillow and it made all the difference
- Pregnancy Support Band
- Another very helpful tool where my hips felt like they were actually going to fall apart early in pregnancy. That relaxin is real!
- Super High Waisted Legging
- The Align leggings have a cult following for a reason… I have tried on my share of leggings over the years, and the Align won me over hands down, no contest. So when I found out they have a super high waist version and the sales clerk assured me that the material really does maintain its shape, even after a giant pregnant belly is shoved in there, I was sold!
- Cropped Knotted Tee
- My sister introduced this top to me and it has become an instant staple! The material is so soft, it is inexpensive (Amazon!), and cropped cutely over the bump to wear with high waisted leggings or a skirt. Pregnancy can be super cute to dress!
- High Waisted Maternity Skirt
- This is another can’t live without! A high waisted skirt can allow most of your tops to be worn still. Just tuck in your favorite tee shirt or sweater above the bump and voila!
- Full Panel Maternity Jeans
- So I didn’t put these on my collage and I don’t want to redo it, but they still deserve a spot on this list! Maternity pants can be extremely frumpy. I don’t know if they use the fashion interns to test out design styles on maternity wear and then slap a band on it or what, but I don’t want to look pregnant unless I want to look pregnant. Does that make sense? So frumpy jeans be gone! This are adorable, fit really well, and have an amazing price point.
I am sure most pregnant woman say this (or at least moms who already have a kid or two, or four in my case!) but this pregnancy is FLYING by! I just realized I am nearing the last month of my second trimester, and we haven’t done a whole lot to plan for this baby. We will get there, right?!
(Dont forget to pin it and share!)
What are your pregnancy favorites? Share in the comments and I will add them to the list!
Did you enjoy this post? Don’t forget to subscribe here! Make sure to join the @nicolefergesen community on instagram! Follow me and shop me outfits here. Don’t miss out on updates and inspiration! You can also join my Facebook community and follow my current interests over on my Pinterest. Buy a digital copy of Marcus’ book here.